Thank You For Booking A Photo Session With A Dog's Life Photography
We work out of Photo Fusion Studio, located at 2441 E. Indian School Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85016. The studio is located in the back of the building. Look for French Method Salon, Mattress Brothers and The Hairy Dog in the front. Pull into the back parking lot and park in a spot marked for Photo Fusion, Visitor or Mattress Brothers (currently a vacant spot).
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your session:
- We will have some yummy treats and fun toys available but feel free to bring any of your pet's favorites if you think it will help to keep their attention on towards the camera.
- Don't feed them as much as you normally would the day of the session so they are motivated to work in front of the camera for rewards.
- Tire your pet out a bit before the session by taking them for a long walk or playing with them in the yard. Releasing as much extra energy as possible before the session will help to keep them more relaxed during the session.
- After exercising your pet, be sure that they are thoroughly hydrated and kept cool to avoid panting and slobbering. Keep them in an air conditioned area with plenty of water for at least an hour before the session in the summer months. If you are traveling with them by car to the session, crank up the air in the car and have a travel bowl of water with you.
- Bring your pet freshly groomed. Just like you would get your hair and makeup done before a session, your pet should also look their best for their big photo shoot.
- If possible, bring someone with you that your dog knows and trusts. It's best to have one familiar person standing beside the pet in front of the camera and another one behind the camera helping to get their attention. If we have total strangers trying to handle your pet, it will create stress and tension that will show in the photos.
- The best photos are going to be taken within the first few minutes of the session while your pet is curious and attentive. If they start to lose their attention span quickly, don't sweat it! We're used to it. Just stay calm and we will photograph on.
- Most importantly, you do whatever you need to do to relax before the session. Your dog will pick up on your energy. If you're stressed, they will be, too. This will show up in the photos. It's ok if your pet is not perfect. It's our job to just make them look like they are.
We look forward to meeting you and your furry friend. If you need to reach us for any reason, call Susan on her cell at 602-386-9997.